Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tender Mercies that teach lessons and bring smiles....

Earlier today I went to an auto parts store to replace Sarah's tail lights. So...I put them in myself (with a little assistance from Jordan) and called it good but tonight when it got dark we tested them and they didn't work ha...so we stopped by the store again and asked someone to help us. Turns out we needed a new fuse. SO.... this very nice man named Tony got a fuse from the store, opened it, and installed it for us. :) When he finished, he just smiled and said, "You don't owe me a thing, now just get out of here." He did that service for us and it was so kind. It made us both so grateful for people like that. Wouldn't the world just be such a grand place if all people were that way? It was a sweet moment for us.

Sarah and I had some Kohl's coupons that were only good today so we went and did some shopping for our missions and I got 2 adorable little dresses! Perfect for the Philippines. AND I got a great deal on them. I am so nervous but I get more excited every day to serve a mission.

After doing some fun shopping, Sarah and I did something spontaneous... yup. We went to McDonalds and got ice cream cones, and made root beer floats out of them and went night swimming. ha. We had such a great time together. Ughh. It kills me when I think about 18 months away from her. We are truly best friends. Sometimes I already miss her. Anyway, we had fun. So much fun. I love her.

1 comment:

Sarah Westover & Aleck Lang said...

Yeah. I bet. ALMOST as much as I love you!