Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gratitude Attitude

Lately I have been reminded that it is so important to remember the things that we have. Constantly remembering all that we have keeps our minds off of things that maybe aren't as important or even trials and struggles we're going through. It's such a help to simply remember all that we DO have.

For those of you that don't know this about me, I love the sky. I mean, I LOVE it. Everything about it. The sunsets, the sunrises, the stars, especially the moon. I love rain, and wind. The heavens in general. I particularly love crescent moons and sometimes I am so grateful to be able to just look up and see a moon and stars dotting the sky. I can't help but smile when I see it because I know that Heavenly Father created it especially for us. I am grateful for it!

My family... oh my wonderful family. I am so grateful for them. Especially Sarah! Here we go again, leaving each other. Oh I am so lame. I get so emotional when it comes to her. ha. I am leaving tomorrow. Moving for a while. I'll miss her and my whole family. It's not like I am in China or anything. I will totally be fine. but...ya know. Sometimes change is just scary! And I'm a little nervous is all. I picked up 6 of my nieces and nephews from school today and we went to get ice cream cones before I leave and won't be able to see them for a while. It was fun. I love them so much. I wish we could all be closer!

Tonight Sarah and I had one last little fun night with Janell, Shaunae, and Catie at the drive in movies. They're just my old roommates and we did it for old times sake. It was very fun. Noor Sabbah, a good friend of mine from our ward stopped by to say bye to me tonight but we were gone. I was so bummed that we missed him. It was so very sweet of him to stop in. I feel so blessed for all the incredible friends that I have met and grown to love here in Mesa. I wish I could stick around and be a part of each of their lives, and congratulate each one of them when something exciting happens. Oh dear, how I will miss them all.

1 comment:

Just the Seven of Us said...

You're going to have a great time! I will hurt sometimes, but you know you always have someone to share all the ups and downs with. You have lots of people pulling for you. Love you Lil sis.

Jose