Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Institute and BYU basketball? YES PLEASE!

Oh I needed institute. Our class tonight was filled with about 250 people... whaaaat? I am so much more partial to small classes, but we sat right in front and enjoyed the class just as much as we would anywhere else. It was on the law of consecration which is one of my absolute FAVORITE doctrines and principles of the gospel. I love it. Something that I have never considered that was brought up tonight was the idea of consecrating even our judgement to the Lord. We have the ability to judge, but we need to give that judgement to the Lord as well as our time, talents, and efforts. It was such a wonderful class and I heard a quote that I think will become a LIFE motto for me. I absolutely love it. It will be on a wall of mine in my home someday.

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things that you do for OTHERS remain as your legacy."

There is so much truth in this statement and I love it.

After institute tonight they showed the BYU basketball game. They are ranked like 6 in the nation which is incredible and so it was kind of fun to watch that a little bit after Institute with Katie and Brianna.

No comments: