Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sweet surprise

Last night I was headed to bed and I got a text. I hadn't been texting anyone all day long so I wasn't sure who it'd be. I looked and it was from Jared Hitchcock. This is what it said. "Hey guess what?! You are a remarkable person. I sure do have a lot of respect and admiration for you. You are loved by a lot of people. I hope you know that. Sorry I didn't get to call you tonight. Sleep well, get some good rest, and I'll talk to you later!"

He's so sweet.

*I am very grateful for life today. On Sunday, Elder Christofferson gave the CES fireside and he said in it that ANY efforts we make please God. I have been thinking about that a lot and sometimes it's just frustrating to me that we know what our weaknesses are and where we fall short but that we still make the same ones over and over. I wish that we could just see and recognize our weaknesses and fix them... but what Elder Christofferson said on Sunday just hit home because it made me think, it's ok to make mistakes because ANY efforts that we make please our Heavenly Father and as we make the efforts, the Lord will bless us with the ability and the desire to be better in more ways. Life is a beautiful thing. I love learning and growing.

No comments: